Paragon GE is looking for a Staff Reservoir Engineer for a position with an E&P company in Houston, USA.
The ideal candidate will have 5-15 years’ experience in Development and Production, mainly with conventional reservoirs. International reservoir experience is required, preferably West Africa.
Please note that you must already have the right to work in the US.
Position Title: Staff Reservoir Engineer
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed.
Location: Houston, USA
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Primary responsibility will be production monitoring and analysis of wells and reservoirs to contribute to production optimization and field recovery. Works with Production and Reservoir Engineering Team on longer-term, asset-specific Reservoir Engineering (RE) projects, as dictated by business need. Supports works by New Business Development/ NV Team to identify, screen and evaluate high-quality new opportunities, essential for company’s continued growth.
· Supports engineering subsurface activities and projects.
· Utilizes appropriate Reservoir Engineering (RE) technologies proficiently to evaluate subsurface opportunities.
· Works in multi-discipline Producing Asset Team and with other company resources to optimize production.
· Works with Production Engineering Team on near-term, asset specific, RE projects international asset.
· Contributes to recommendations to management regarding the ranking of candidate wells to optimize production and future drilling programs.
· Uses sound understanding of risk analysis of projects with an emphasis on risk reduction and return on investment.
· Interacts and collaborates with company experts in Geoscience, Drilling, Facilities, Operations and Legal to assess the economic robustness of a given opportunity.
· Assist in M&A activities as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Experience performing resource evaluations.
· Ability to develop FDP or reservoir depletion plan.
· Ability to work with geologic models as the basis for dynamic modeling and estimates of in-place resources
· Knowledge of industry-standard dynamic simulation and modeling techniques
· Strong understanding of development and production RE concepts, including working with ESP wells
· Ability to focus on opportunities consistent with company strategy, while not ignoring exceptional opportunities outside the areas of focus
· Ability to integrate Geoscience, reservoir and production data for dynamic reservoir analysis, with working knowledge of related disciplines, e.g., Geophysics, petrophysics, facilities, well engineering, production engineering
· Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
· Io. Ability to multitask and to prioritize work accordingly
· Ability to distill thoughts and ideas into a concise written or oral presentation
· Ability and willingness to travel to other continents, sometimes at short notice
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related Engineering discipline
· At least 5-15 years-experience in Development or Production experience, mainly with conventional reservoirs
· International reservoir experience, with some West Africa experience preferred
· Experience working on successful teams and ability to interact and work effectively with cross-functional teams, working interest partners and potential partners
· Exposure to multiple geographical areas and experience working in a multi-cultural, multi national environment
· Formal, or OTJ, Training in reservoir characterization, fluid characterization, well testing, reservoir simulation, reservoir management, asset management, etc.
· Quantitative experience conducting Resource and Reserve estimates is a plus
· Work experience or training in Petroleum Engineering
· Understanding of industry economics, discounted cash flow modeling, costs, profitability analysis, fiscal systems, and financial drivers
· Knowledge of French, Spanish or other languages a plus
· High aptitude / ability to handle complexity and ambiguity
· Positive attitude, not easily discouraged
· Leadership capabilities, including unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness
· Self-starter, self-directed but also has ability to work under direction when needed
· Reliable, completes work on time
· Flexible, able to multi-task and stop and re-start an ongoing project
· Works with confidence, but is open to feedback from others
· Team player, but accountable for that with which he/ she is responsible
· Creative, entrepreneurial mindset - able to see potential opportunities where they do not obviously exist
· Inquisitiveness, curiosity, tenacity
· Articulate communicator: openly shares knowledge and learnings with team; great listener
· Ability to write concisely and accurately; understands the difference between what is known versus interpretation
· Appreciative of the diversity of people, cultures, approaches, thoughts and ideas.
· Voices opinions and beliefs, but supports the team's decision even if not his/ her own