Paragon GE is looking for a Senior Contracts Advisor for a staff role with an E&P company in London.
The Senior Contracts Advisor will support the business in meeting its objectives by managing the contracting life cycle from development of contract strategies, tenders, negotiations, and contract awards. You will be responsible for post award contract management, including reporting and performance management.
The position would suit an individual who has extensive wells and drilling experience within the energy market. African or international experience would be advantageous.
Position Title: Senior Contracts Advisor
Residential or Rotational: Residential with occasional travel
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible For
· Source and execute Rigs, Wells and Exploration (RWE) contracts and the daily execution of RWE Procurement objectives and strategy.
· Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for sourcing and contracting for RWE contracts.
Demand Planning/ Concept/Strategy Development
· Review annual business plan to understand forward demand and document key findings, priorities and assumptions from spend and contracts.
· Analyse the RWE business landscape, spend by sub-category and supplier to feed into category strategy and identify value optimisation opportunities.
· Develop contract strategies and tender go-to-market plans for complex RWE contracts
· Develop and execute complex (high value and or high risk) RWE tenders, this includes tender requests, tender evaluation, negotiations and supplier due diligence.
· Incorporate Local Content during sourcing events and ensure that the contracts meet the Local Content requirements.
· Secure complex RWE contracts (drafting and development) and ensure proper storage of contracts and associated documentation in-line with company requirements.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
· Drive complex RWE contracts management with end users to ensure that suppliers deliver their performance obligations and comply with the terms and conditions of the contract.
· Provide oversight and conduct RWE contracts renewal and closure and communicate the updates with relevant stakeholders.
· Collaborate with and develop suppliers to create sustainable long-term relationships where applicable.
· Identify opportunities to create synergies across the business to obtain increased value from the overall Procurement contract portfolio.
· Support internal and external audits where required.
· Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for RWE sourcing and contracting.
Leadership/ People Management
· Assist in the development and implementation of capability development initiatives to improve Procurement outcomes
· Formulating, evaluating and negotiating complex contracts.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and articulate and present solutions.
Education and experience
· Proven experience in upstream oil and gas industry, predominantly contracts formulation and negotiation, and contract management.
· Very good understanding of significant legal and commercial issues within supply chain.
· International exposure within an Oil and Gas contracts and procurement environment.
· Drilling and operations contracting experience, coupled with contracts management activities.
· Proven experience of negotiating complex contracts.
· Degree level qualification.
· Preference for additional SCM related qualification, eg. CIPS, MBA