Paragon GE is looking for a Remuneration and Benefits Lead for their client, a UK based Oil and Gas Operator.
The ideal candidate will have experience with taxation compliance, workforce and gender pay gap analysis, and managing benefits contracts and annual rewards.
The ideal candidate must also be an expert with Microsoft Excel and will have expertise with Vlookups, if errors, and etc. A modelling test will be undertaken as part of the second stage interview.
Position Title: Remuneration and Benefits Lead
Reports to: Group HR Manager
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Contract type: Fixed Term (12 Months) high potential to become staff or further renewal
Expected package: To be discussed.
Location: London, United Kingdom
As an experienced Remuneration and Benefits expert, you will lead and deliver on our remuneration framework and perform critical activities that enable us to manage our payroll and benefits effectively.
Core elements of your responsibilities include: end to end management of payroll, annual salary and bonus review, management of organisational data in SuccessFactors. You will also manage external relationships with reward and benefit specialists as well as providing advice on remuneration and payroll matters.
This role will also play the lead role in HR budget reporting, quarterly re-forecasting and resource planning, being the key conduit between HR and Finance.
This is a critical role within our business, and you will be the expert in remuneration, benefits, and payroll, playing an individual contributor role within a team environment as a key member of the HR Function. The responsibilities involve those that take place on a regular basis, those on a quarterly basis and those on an annual basis, allowing you to operate across the spectrums of operational, tactical, and strategic.
On a regular basis
- Manage the monthly payroll in an accurate, timely and efficient manner, including partnering with our third-party providers, providing assurance, and ensuring payroll documentation is audit ready.
- Provide expert advice relating to remuneration, benefits, and pensions across the business to line managers, the wider employee population, and your HR colleagues.
- Monitor, track and report on the HR Function’s budget, including the status of Purchase Orders.
- Use SuccessFactors (HRIS) as the organisation’s main source of HR data, ensuring data completeness and accuracy for the purposes of regular collection and analysis.
- Provide remuneration advice to HR colleagues, including during the hiring process, enabling us to ensure alignment with the external market and internal relativities.
- Provide reports that help business leaders and HR make decisions and manage our workforce effectively.
- Provide assurance on filing, GDPR compliance and that the HR Function is proactively ready for audits.
- Provide advice and support to the expatriate employee population, ensuring that remuneration, benefits, allowances, taxes and pensions are understood by them and that their total rewards are accurately managed and reported on
- Identify and implement continuous improvement actions that help to drive fit-for-purpose and effective processes and practices relating to remuneration, benefits and payroll.
- Perform general HR admin duties as a member of the small HR team in the UK.
On a quarterly basis
- Prepare re-forecast reports that enable the business to keep track against our annual budget, which includes detailed information about our workforce and overarching HR costs (i.e. insurance providers)
- Collate information and provide reports and dashboards for senior business leaders, on behalf of the HR Function, including headcount, recruitment, turnover, talent, and absence management, etc.
- Audit the data held on SuccessFactors to ensure completeness and accuracy and report on findings and actions required.
On an annual basis
- Prepare the HR Budget which includes detailed information about our workforce, all elements that make up total reward, HR costs spent on external parties and all other HR related costs. Effective use of excel to manipulate and report on this data is critical to ensure accuracy and to help business leaders make key decisions.
- Collect, analyse and report on key data to enable the creation of reports and presentations on Gender Pay, Ethnicity and Diversity Pay
- Manage the benefits contracts and annual renewals.
Qualification/Experience requirements/Personal attributes
- Proven HR experience with deep expertise in remuneration, reward, pensions, and benefits
- Expertise in managing end to end payroll, ensuring accuracy and timeliness using a methodical approach with a high attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to develop models for effective data management, manipulation, and reporting, enabling efficiencies and effective decision making.
- Experience in developing, tracking, and reporting on workforce data, particularly the cyclical processes such as resource planning, budgeting and re-forecasting.
- You are a self-starter with at least 10 years’ practical experience gained in mature corporate and rapidly growing SME environments,
- Working knowledge of Success Factors and/or other HRIS, for recording and reporting on organisational/workforce data
- Experience in dealing with external providers who manage payroll and benefits.
- Able to analyse, interpret and summarise data to produce impactful PowerPoint presentations aimed at senior stakeholders.
- You are accustomed to working in multi-cultural environments and have a collaborative, supportive, service-oriented approach to working with other team members and departments.
- Able to act independently and produce work to a high standard.
- Able to manage and prioritise conflicting projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.