Paragon GE is looking for an IT Infrastructure Manager for a staff role with an Oil & Gas company in London.
Position Title: IT Infrastructure Manager
Contract Type: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed.
Location: London, England.
As a member of the UK-based IT Team your responsibilities will encompass monitoring, managing, and providing support for the global infrastructure, which includes but is not limited to working closely with SoC, patch management and ensuring that the company’s infrastructure (both Cloud and on-premises) is always in compliance with the latest industry best practices.
Some of your responsibilities and deliverables will include:
- Management, implementation and maintenance of company’s global infrastructure and cloud strategy;
- Be the focal point for all issues relating to the global infrastructure;
- Supplier management;
- Working with the SoC analyzing and investigating alerts arising from Security Events and Information Management tools;
- Analysis, investigation and resolution of incidents arising from monitoring tools;
- Vulnerability Scanning and reporting. Prioritizing and tracking remediation of vulnerabilities;
- Quality assurance of ServiceNow incident tickets, implementation of change tickets, ensuring information is captured and maintained;
- Using Threat Intelligence Services to identify potential new threats and develop new mitigations;
- Understanding of security assessment and penetration testing tools;
You will be successful in this capacity if you enjoy researching into emerging technologies and threats in the security landscape and identifying as well as analyzing real-world threats. You will possess a desire to translate your skills into ways that can improve the IT function both in the UK and West Africa and working in a collaborative manner, in addition to having specific competencies as enlisted below:
- Experiences in designing and maintaining Wintel environments including Microsoft Azure
- Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining the full life cycle of virtualized infrastructures (VMWare ESXi and Hyper-V)
- Must have worked within a regulated environment and has experience with GDPR; ITIL and NIST frameworks
- The ability to communicate fluently and confidently to a high standard in both written and verbal English.
- Experience with project management and its life cycles
- Knowledge of areas such as common Windows vulnerabilities and mitigation methods, countermeasures to common TTPs, OS hardening/best practices, log aggregation and querying methods.
- Experience in hardware monitoring and performance tuning
- Experience in two or more of the following areas (essential) - SIEM: Azure Sentinel, other. - Vulnerability Intelligence: Qualys, Tenable IO or Nessus - Windows patch management WSUS, AutoPatch, Windows update for business - 3rd party application patch management tools - Azure and VMware monitoring tools
Technologies used (Essential):
Microsoft technologies and roles
- Windows Server (2019 and above)
- AD & Windows RADIUS
- Group Policies (GPOs)
- Windows PowerShell (Scripting, automation and management)
- Creating and maintaining “golden” images
- Creating and deployment of software
- Teams with direct routing
- Qumulo (desirable)
- Office 365 (Exchange; SharePoint & PowerBI)
- Microsoft InTune
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager (desirable)
- SharePoint and OneDrive
- Exchange online
- Teams with direct routing
- VMware (EXSi with vCenter)
- Any vulnerability management tools. e.g. Qualys, Tenable IO or Nessus
- Exposure to working with a previously managed security provider or within an MSP environment.
- The ability to communicate fluently in both written and verbal French.
- Experience using ITSM tools.
- Understands phases of incident response and the Cyber Kill Chain.