Paragon GE is looking for an HSE Manager for a position with an E&P company in Egypt. This opportunity is only open for Egyptian nationals.
This is a staff permanent role and will be office based in Cairo with visits to site.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of HSE experience and have a strong background within the Oil and Gas industry ideally with other E&P companies.
Position Title: HSE Manager
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed.
Location: Cairo, Egypt
HSE Manager Main Responsibilities:
- Set and achieve annual Group HSE Objectives and Targets in conjunction with the Executive Committee
- Encourage a line-led safety leadership and sustainable development culture.
- Gain broad based consensus for any approaches adopted to drive implementation of Good International Industry Practice (GIIP)
- Develop and maintain a One Team approach between the company staff and JV personnel, including contractors
- Develop Asset HSE Plans as part of an integrated budget and activity planning process and drive implementation through regular engagement
- Continuously monitor HSES performance, organizational capability and effectiveness
- Ensure effective implementation of the company’s project management system requirements to deliver safe, environmentally protective designs without harm to local communities
- Provide guidance as technical authority / functional lead on HSES topics, communicating legal requirements, performance improvement initiatives and lessons learned
- Facilitate HSE competence development and learning to ensure staff are appropriately equipped to work in the specific teams assigned
- Mentor and coach staff to enhance skills and support career development
- Liaise with key external stakeholders to build strong and enduring relationships with key regulators and financial partners
- Conduct HSES reviews and audits to provide appropriate assurance to Board and Equator Principle Banks
- Review new country and new venture risks and opportunities
Qualification & Training
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related fields, or min 15 years similar working experience in lieu.