Paragon GE is seeking an experienced French Speaking Senior Reservoir Engineer for a staff position with an Oil & Gas Operator in London, with occasional travel to West Africa.
The Senior Reservoir Engineer will be supporting the development of a portfolio of mature assets.
Position Title: Senior Reservoir Engineer
Contract Type: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed.
Location: London, UK.
Summary of Role
The appointee will provide expertise with Reservoir Engineering analysis and the application of dynamic models to identify redevelopment opportunities on operated asset portfolio.
Specifically, the appointee will be required to:
- Maintain and history match simulation models on an ongoing basis using the Schlumberger Petrel software platform. Rebuild dynamic models as required when significant new data becomes available.
- Precisely monitor fluid contact movements in mature assets to identify infill drilling and workover targets.
- Evaluate incremental reserves, prepare production profiles, and perform economic analysis in support of multi-well field redevelopment campaigns.
- Closely follow real-time drilling operations and contribute reservoir engineering recommendations at critical decision points.
- Compile post-well analyses including productivity prognoses, recommend production cap rates constraints, and identify opportunities for continuously improving the dynamic model
- Evaluate facilities debottlenecking opportunities, including sensitivities on water and gas injection capacity
- Prepare asset production profiles for quarterly reporting, annual budget, and reserves audits, using dynamic modelling, material balance, and DCA techniques
- Analyse well test and PVT information to diagnose productivity index and reservoir limits
- Support Exploration team with conceptual development planning and preparation of scoping production profiles
- Collaborate closely with Geology, Petrophysics and Geophysics colleagues to maintain an open and iterative workflow for the continued improvement of Static and Dynamic Petrel models from concept through to simulated resource estimation.
- Prepare and present technical material to external reserves auditors.
- Represent the company at technical and operating committee meetings, workshops and industry technical conferences
- Support dynamic modelling and history matching peer reviews.
- Required Experience / Qualifications:
The successful applicant should be a dynamic, creative and well-rounded Reservoir Engineer with:
- A Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering
- 5 to 10 years’ experience as a Reservoir Engineer or Petroleum Engineer in diverse operating
- environments, a significant proportion of which should have been spent with an agile,
- independent international E&P operator
- Experience in mature field redevelopment on assets with high well-counts and extensive
- production history
- Experienced with drilling operations and completions planning - including real-time operational decision making.
- Sound knowledge of Geology, Petrophysics, Drilling and Completions, and Process Engineering disciplines
- Expertise with Schlumberger Petrel RE software, including uncertainty management workflows
- Experience with nodal analysis, material balance, well test interpretation, PVT and special core analysis, including competence with PETEX and Saphir software
- Good communication skills and the ability to present complex material to technical and non-technical audiences
- A good balance of pragmatism and innovation
- Experience in compiling detailed and thorough technical reports and presentations.
- Familiarity with basic French technical terminology as encountered from time to time in technical reports and partner/government meetings and communication.