Paragon GE is looking for a Senior Petroleum Engineer for a staff residential position for an Oil & Gas company in Gabon.
The ideal candidate must have experience with ESP designing and managing from inventory to RIH operation and POOH plus subsea experience, knows how to use Prosper, GAP software and familiar with Subsea Multiphase pumps.
Position Title: Senior Petroleum Engineer
Contract Type: Staff residential
Expected package: To be discussed.
Location: Port Gentil, Gabon
Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Petroleum Engineer programs and reports on a variety of Rig and Rigless petroleum engineering activities (well testing, well completion and workover, stimulation, wireline, sampling, and production logging, etc.). He/she analyses, interprets field data, and carries out studies aimed at optimization of well performance and oil/gas recoveries. Conceptually designs well completion, artificial lift, workover, and stimulation programs. Performs feasibility, conceptual or optimization studies of hydrocarbon production and process systems, product export and distribution system and water disposal and flare systems.
- Work within a multidiscipline subsurface and operation team to optimize production
- Develop conceptual appraisal and development plans for discovered fields
- Identify wells in the portfolio that would benefit from remedial action and determine best course of action to take.
- Assist in gas lift optimization using GAP and Prosper software’s
- Manage offshore Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESP) wells installed, design pump replacements, gaslift to ESP conversions, commissioning procedure preparation, troubleshooting, ordering new systems and inventory management of ESP systems from multiple vendors
- Provide support on subsea field operations regarding choke settings, manifold line-ups, and multiphase pump parameters
- Prepare job proposals for well activities proposed
- Work with subsurface, production technology and drilling departments to optimize completion design for both new wells and workover candidates.
- Plan and review data acquisition programme for wells including pressure transient analysis,
- PLT data, gradient surveys, and cased hole logging.
- Assist in reserves management and be able to perform analytical and numerical reservoir engineering tasks.
- Participates in engineering project groups to ensure that surface and subsurface facilities design parameters are taken into account during Basic Engineering.
- Performs optimization and feasibility studies of oil/gas and water process systems in liaison with other team members, drilling, and production engineers.
- Develops and performs process simulation models using proprietary software packages in order to maximize and optimize the performance efficiency and safety of new and existing process facilities.
- Performs various technical and cost benefits analysis studies to enhance oil/gas recoveries.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs including proposals to improve work quality and/or to optimize cost in the areas of horizontal drilling, well stimulation, perforation techniques and coiled tubing applications, etc
- Develops and monitors implementation of rigless and/or rig operations (perforation, production logging, coiled tubing, stimulation, well testing, sampling, wireline) at oil, gas, and water wells in assigned area
- Mentors junior personnel within the department
- Travels offshore when required
- Results oriented with ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of self-priority, and professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Ability to communicate and interface across business units and functions to accomplish tasks as required.
- Bias for action, self-supervision, and initiative.
- Understanding the business: ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- Track record of delivering on commitments, reliability.
- Excellent consulting, influencing and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as ability to work in a Team environment.
- Good problem-solving skills (analysis, judgment, decision making)
Qualification & Experience:
- BSc or higher in Petroleum Engineering
- Minimum 10 years broad experience in petroleum engineering including the disciplines of reservoir, drilling, production technology and well operations along with exposure and understanding of facilities engineering
- High proficiency in a range of petroleum engineering applications such as Prosper, MBAL and GAP
- Operator experience of ESP management. Service company experience desirable
- Strong understanding of subsea operations
- Strong understanding of budgeting, production forecasting, cost estimation, reserves, and business planning processes
- Experience with wellsite operations and testing supervision
- Operational experience offshore platforms / subsea fields in West Africa, North Sea, or GOM preferably with an Operating oil company
- Understanding of the Exploration and Production Business and the geological sciences including geology, geophysics and petrophysics