Paragon GE is looking for a Senior Legal Advisor- Commercial for a staff role with an E&P company in London.
The ideal candidate will be a UK qualified lawyer, with international experience for an Oil and Gas Operator. The Senior Legal Advisor will be managing wider relationships, interactions and workflows with business units, governments, joint venture partners, external advisors, and suppliers.
Position Title: Senior Legal Advisor- Commercial
Residential or Rotational: Residential with occasional travel
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed.
The Senior Legal Advisor will be responsible for
• Lead lawyer on a wide range of complex matters, managing them and routinely delivering advice.
• Provide legal advice and support on all legal aspects of client’s producing assets.
• Advising on structuring, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing ongoing compliance with various commercial agreements.
• Engagement with Government, joint venture partners, service companies, regulatory bodies / authorities, industry bodies, third party contractors and other legal-related and senior internal and external stakeholders.
• Management of external legal counsel as required.
• Managing dispute resolution and litigation arising out of company’s activities.
• Skilled in drafting, negotiating, and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements including host country concessions, joint venture contracts, commodity sales, transportation and distribution agreements, feedstock and offtake arrangements, M&A documentation, shareholder agreements, corporate structuring, construction/operation & maintenance contracts, drilling contracts, oil field services and supply chain agreements.
• Excellent verbal, written and aural communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to work on own initiative, taking a proactive and resourceful approach.
• Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion.
• React quickly and flexibly to changing circumstances.
• Able to work to tight deadlines and deliver results under time pressure.
• Able to provide legal advice in a succinct, pragmatic and commercially aware manner.
• Able to effectively plan and integrate work with others.
Education and Experience
• University graduate and professionally qualified lawyer.
• Minimum of 7 years post qualification knowledge.
• Extensive oil and gas experience.
• Leading or working as part of a goal-focused team in a commercial environment to challenging deadlines either with a leading private practice firm or in-house legal department.
• Experience of dealing with Government authorities, joint ventures, suppliers and third parties.
• Experience of providing legal advice on contractual and legislative/regulatory matters.