Paragon GE is looking for an Operations Production Technologist for a staff position with an Oil and Gas Operator in Gabon.
The ideal candidate will have minimum 5-7 years of experience in oil & gas industry as a Production Technologist and have prior experience of carrying out detailed design of Artificial Lift systems specifically ESPs and Gas Lift and optimize their performance.
This position is currently open to only Gabonese nationals.
PositionTitle: Operations Production Technologist
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Location: Port Gentil, Gabon
The incumbent will be responsible for providing / assisting the Operations and Production teams with technical support on day-to-day production and operations.
• Integrated in the Operations department, the Operations Production Technologist supports on a daily basis the Ops Superintendent and other operating offshore production facilities on all matters linked to the well performances and well production.
• Execute viable, cost-effective well management strategies and surveillance programs that include consideration of evolving or latest well production technologies. Implement initiatives to increase production e.g. foam injection in collaboration with other teams.
• Participate in integrated reviews, monitor well production/injection performance and enhance production profiles within the well bore to improve recovery
• Liaise with the Sub-surface department to optimize production from existing assets (reservoir, wells and surface facilities)
• Monitoring daily production and injection performance and ensure effective production data management in conjunction with the Operations engineers
• Identify, evaluate and recommend remedial well work to enhance production and injection, improve inflow performance and recovery through well design, re-completion optimisation, alternative production methods, stimulation, selective isolation, opportunities, etc. Requiring key skills to carry out and perform; Nodal system analysis, tubing sizing, IPR & VLP analysis for all well types, sensitivity analysis, using PROSPER software (IPSM), Acid stimulation and perforation design (StimPlan, SPOT)
• Prepare technical proposals independently, including, but not limited to; Well intervention proposals, Acid stimulation and Hydraulic fracture stimulation design (Ghofer, FracPro or StimPlan), well clean-out, perforating and Zonal isolation activities proposals.
• Carry out Tubing Stress Analysis for cemented tubing and conventional tubing & packer completions (WellCat Tube) and material selection for tubular & elastomeric compounds.
• Carry out detailed design of Artificial Lift systems specifically ESPs and Gas Lift and optimize their performance.
• Able to evaluate and recommend sand control & sand management strategy
• Identify and run necessary cased hole logs to assess flow performance and ensure well integrity meets minimum standard. Call for and prepare well integrity repairs when needed
• Ensure Well Integrity is managed in accordance with the well failure model (WFM), Lifecycle Well Integrity Management code of practice, Well Integrity Maintenance procedures. Develop Well Integrity Strategy and update the Wellbooks and well barrier diagrams
• Experience with drilling will be a plus
• Liaison between the subsurface and operations teams and needs to managing day-to-day operations against long-term strategic objectives
• Update the start-up procedure of the wells.
• Bachelor’s degree Engineering, Mathematics, Physics equivalent technical subject
• Masters in Petroleum Engineering preferred Experience
• Technically strong in Production Technology Discipline
• 5-7 years of experience in oil & gas industry as a Production Technologist in both green and brown field projects
• Proven critical analysis and problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to work without supervision, and manage various stakeholders including contractors, operators, government bodies
• Can work well in multidisciplinary teams, is a strong team player and effective communicator.
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Fluent in English and French
• Willing to travel offshore when required