Candidates must have a strong hands-on background with the maintenance of rotating equipments as well as platform experience and relevant offshore certs.
Position Title: Mechanical Supervisor
Residential or Rotational: 30x30 Rotation
Contract Duration: Long term contract
Expected package: Open to discussion
Location: Equatorial Guinea
Reporting directly to the OIM, you will be responsible for supervision, technical guidance and execution along with the Mechanical site team during preventive and corrective maintenance of site equipment. Additionally, you will have the authority to run the activities on a day-to day basis - verify that the deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost in order to achieve production objectives are met.
This position covers specialized mechanical works on gas motors, gas compressors, generators and injection/export pumps and as such Mechanical Supervisor is expected to have sound experience regarding those equipment and should be able to troubleshoot and maintain them to gain in reliability.
You will have future regular interface with projects teams and will be expected to provide assistance to those. Knowledge and experiences of gas turbines and power plant is expected to be able to run and maintain such equipment at project delivery.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities when required.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of tools in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with HSE standards and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Track and maintain electronic records on all maintenance and repairs to machines and facility.
- Direct and delegate workload to maintenance personnel.
- Ensure all processes, procedures and documentation is compliant with company standards.
- Interface / coordinate with other disciplines such as Production, E&I and Projects.
- In order to be successful in this role, you are a Mechanical Engineer with over 15 years of progressive experience in the field. You have specific competence in gas motors, gas compressors and gas turbines maintenance in the Oil & Gas industry (Caterpillar Motor / Ariel reciprocating compressors / generators).
- Additionally, you have had the opportunity to work in an international environment, ideally in West Africa and have a proven track record as a Maintenance Mechanical Lead on operational sites.