Our Client’s Projects team is seeking an experienced process engineer with some management or lead experience to manage the debottleneck of a late life asset. The scope of work covers all aspects of each phase of the project from detailed design to Operation.
This is a contract position with ad hoc visits to West Africa. Experience of onshore and heavy oil projects is preferred.
Position Title: Lead Process Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Contract Type: Full-time contractor
Location: London, UK
The project has two major scopes and the responsibilities for each scope are defined as follows:
Scope 1: Debottleneck and Emission Reduction of the facility.
Detailed engineering contractor have been selected and the vendor for each major equipment is in the process of being selected.
- Validate and ensure the current FEED package is complete. Ensure all gaps are identified and covered in detailed design phase.
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate execution of project.
- Work with Group Engineering manager to prepare and validate a project schedule and cost for the remaining execution phase.
- Manage chosen contractor and ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and at the right quality.
- Manage and liaise with discipline engineers for timely input and review.
- Manage interfaces between site, the project and chosen contractor.
- Carry out presentation for technical discussion and decision making.
- Attend technical and management meetings.
- Produce required engineering and project reports.
- Provide required process engineering input to support and progress the project from Detailed design to Commissioning.
- Provide pragmatic and progressive approach towards resolving any showstoppers or issues that may arise.
- Review vendors selected by Engineering Contractor especially at the procurement phase to ensure alignment with project’s objectives.
- Liaise with Operations on key project documentation to be provided and handed over at the end of the project.
- Ensure final project documentation is complete.
- Ensure project safety, design and construction review requirements are carried out.
- Execute emissions reduction initiatives to be executed as part of the debottleneck project.
Scope 2: Debottleneck Integration
This scope deals with the integration of the new equipment with the existing plant flare system. There is an ongoing study to re-verify the capacity of the existing flare to ensure the new facility can be tied in safely. The role under this scope includes:
Ensure any impact from the flare verification study is considered in the debottleneck project.
Engage with flare verification study at a sufficient level to anticipate potential impact on the debottleneck project.
Provide relevant input to the flare verification study to define and fix the interface with the debottleneck project.
Carry out any necessary process activities to define the interface between the debottleneck project and the flare verification study.
The full scope of work with deliverables and objectives will be made available during a technical validation meeting.
- Experienced Process Engineer with 5-7+ years’ experience in Process / Petrochemicals Industry & / or onshore / offshore oil & gas is required.
- Experience of managing projects or studies at a lead level.
- Ability to understand and manage project scope interfaces.
- Good knowledge of project scheduling and manpower estimation.
- Strong working knowledge of process software, especially Unisim for process simulation and other tools such as Flare System Analyser and Flaresim.
- Track record of generating and implementing “out of the box” pragmatic and safe solutions to process engineering problems.
- Experience in the design of typical equipment used in oil and gas processing facilities.
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of international standards.
This is a contract opportunity offered subject to IR35 compliance checks.