Paragon GE is looking for an IT Network Analyst for a staff position in London for an Oil and Gas Operating company. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar position in any industry and have experience installing, configuring, and implementing new applications and systems. This is a Head office based role with occasional trips to offshore West Africa.
Position Title: IT Network Analyst
Reports to: Head of IT
Contract Type: Staff
Location: London, UK
Purpose of the Role:
Support, configure, maintain, and upgrade networking infrastructure and environment.
• Assist with technical oversight of a multi-site enterprise level WAN, including planning, implementation/expansion, maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Assist in network security design, architecture and implementation
• Identify and solve any problems that arise with computer networks and systems
• Configuring and installing firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security
• Configuring various network services (e.g., VPN, QoS)
• Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
• Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
• Regularly evaluate IT systems to ensure they meet the necessary demands
• Liaise with offshore personnel to execute tests, verifications, and checks
• Visit offshore installations to support several activities such as projects, investigations, troubleshooting etc.
Key Working Relations:
• All divisions and sites, both onshore and offshore
• Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication ability, both written and verbal.
• Strong documentation skills
• An ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Demonstrates initiative and anticipates needs
• Willingness to undertake any other tasks as requested.
Qualification & Experience:
• University degree in Computer Science or a related subject
• CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
• Good communication skills and excellent command of oral and written English;
• Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, 802.1x, QoS)
• Proven hands-on network engineering experience
• Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
• Knowledge of Cybersecurity discipline is an advantage