Paragon GE is looking for an HR Business Partner for their client, a UK based Oil and Gas Operator.
This a staff position, in London, with regular visits to the project office in West Africa.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience with Talent and Learning Development and HR Information System like Success Factors.
Position Title: HR Business Partner
Reports to: Group HR Manager
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: London, UK
As a key member of the Corporate HR Function, you will enjoy being part of the HR team based in the UK with regular trips to the project office in West Africa, where you will be responsible for leading and implementing exciting HR Special Projects primarily focused on upskilling the HR team in a high standard of service delivery as well as Talent Development & Succession Planning. In the UK you will be providing HR partnering and general HR support.
Key areas of focus for the role include:
- Partner closely with business leaders and senior stakeholders to drive the HR agenda, manage cyclical processes, problem-solve workforce issues and collaborate on critical HR matters to achieve operational excellence and create a productive and engaged workforce.
- Act as a performance improvement driver and provoke positive change in people management, particularly by coaching leaders to manage people issues effectively within their teams.
- Together with colleagues from the UK HR team deliver exciting HR projects that impact the global business, spanning the full spectrum of HR/OD, including, and not limited to learning and development, HR system enhancement, employee engagement and driving a high-performance culture.
- Play a key role in proactively managing, analysing and reporting on organisational data and key metrics to support business leaders in making decisions and managing their teams effectively.
- Initiate and lead HR Special Projects, some of which can cover topics like process re-mapping, HR information systems, workforce demographics, Local Content strategy, Talent - drive development & succession planning, etc.
- Fully bilingual in French and English (Is a strong preference but not absolute requirement), with strong verbal and written communication and engagement skills, you are a self-starter with a solid track record as a HR business partner, with valuable HR experience in start-up and mature companies.
- You are highly analytical, and data driven with strong Excel skills and ability to manipulate and report on organizational data to inform decision making and enhance operational efficiencies.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated experience in delivering ‘fit for purpose’ HR/OD initiatives and programs.
- Knowledge of employment legislation in UK with an ability to apply sound judgement to HR issues as they arise.
- You are a proficient HR Information Systems user, ideally SAP Success Factors - with a demonstrable understanding of the system’s functionality, particularly with regards to running and analysing reports.
- Ability to coach managers and facilitate sessions to build the capability of others.
- Deep passion for empowering and developing others to reach their potential and contribute to a shared agenda.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and to cultivate relationships across teams.
- Talent development: expertise in the areas of talent development programme design and implementation with particular focus on the identification and nurturing the development of high potential colleagues.