Candidates must have a strong hands-on background with the maintenance of E&I equipments and knowledge of Mechanical equipment including turbines and generators as well as platform experience and relevant offshore certs. The client has a preference for candidates that have a strong Electrical bias.
Position Title: Field Maintenance Supervisor
Residential or Rotational: 30x30 Rotation
Contract Duration: Long term contract
Expected package: Open to discussion
Location: Equatorial Guinea
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / JOB PURPOSE
- Ensures that operating parameters for all Mechanical, instrument and control equipment at the Offshore Facilities are operating within design limits and that abnormalities are communicated and assessed immediately.
- Progresses all MOC (Management of Change’s) including gaining technical and budgetary approval and interfacing with Engineering Team and Project Engineering.
- Manages discipline technicians and vendor personnel.
- Manages SSHEMS function in the respective department
- Member of the Offshore Emergency Response Team.
- Manages relevant administration and reporting
- Ensures that operating parameters for all Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation/control equipment and electrical system at the Offshore Facilities are operating within design limits and that abnormalities are communicated and assessed immediately
- Liaises with other maintenance and operations personnel to ensure all work is co-coordinated and aligned with production priorities and within the job plan and schedules issued by the Planner from the CMMS. (MAXIMO)
- Liaises with Company Man with regard to the forward planning of preventive & corrective maintenance at all platforms.
- Liaises with Maximo Planner with regard to the forward planning of spare parts deliverability and in determining min/max stock levels of spare parts and maintenance consumables on the facility.
- Supervises and coordinates Mechanical and E&I maintenance inspections and calibrations, function tests and evaluate Instrument and Control equipment operation and condition to determine remedial action.
- Ensures all relevant Mechanical Electrical & Instrument and Control equipment are fully operational, in service, maintained safely, effectively and in accordance with procedures and equipment design codes and standards.
- Carries out risk assessments for all high-risk activities, with particular attention to recognizing the impact of change.
- Prepares maintenance activities for flawless execution, ensuring permits PTW & JSA, PPE, tools, materials, equipment, work site preparation, toolbox talks, are in place and completed at all times
- Ensures compliance with Operating Policies and Procedures, LOTO, HSE requirements and initiatives.
- Ensures that all Safety Critical PM’s are completed with plan.
- Carries out major services, overhauls and breakdown maintenance on equipment responsible for as well as scheduled planned and corrective maintenance for optimal reliability and performance of equipment.
- Assists in root cause failure analysis with Team
- Attends Emergency work, on a callout basis, after normal working hours.
- Performs other duties and services to ensure a successful project(s) is delivered.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Prepares material requisitions complete with justifications and follows up the process up to the PO process and delivery on site.
- Managing respective people and organization
- Supports team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices
- Updates and implements operational procedures and work instructions pertaining to Instrument and Control maintenance.
- Monitors of technicians and vendors representatives and activities to ensure compliance with relevant procedures and work scopes. Provide guidance to contractor’s or vendor technicians as required.
- Directs daily activities of Mechanical and E&I Technicians
- Performs co-operation with other Maintenance Disciplines and Operators.
- Contributes to and identify necessary training and development needs to improve skills and knowledge of Mechanical and E&I Technicians.
- Supervises and trains assigned local staff with the intention of preparing them for succession.
- Managing SSHEMS function in the respective department
- Demonstrates positive safety behaviours and commitment to SSHEMS policies
- Performs emergency response duties
- Complies with environmental regulations and targets
- Reports all incidents and accidents
- Managing relevant administration and report
- Maintains complete and accurate equipment history records within the Computerized Maintenance Management System. (MAXIMO)
- Manages relevant reporting and administration work based on the needs of the respective organization (including data recording, correspondence, etc. - based on the function of this position).
- Ensures that any changes to Instrument controlled documentation, as a result of MOC (management of Change) work, are captured and correctly recorded.
- Ensures the confidentiality of the company’s documentation.
ENVIRONMENT / MAJOR ISSUES & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Knowledge of hazardous areas and hazardous area equipment certification:
- Experience with a variety of instrumentation and control equipment and manufacturers, including DCS, ESD, F&G, PLC, control valves, solenoid valves, turbine meters, transmitters, etc.
- Good knowledge of production facilities in an oil/gas or petrochemical industry and of installation, repair testing and maintenance of wide range of instrumentation and control systems including DCS, ESD, F&G, PLC, SGS, Multiphase Metering,
- Experience in Power Generation both High Voltage and Low Voltage to protect the generator from damage from over voltage and over current by properly setting of Generator Protection Relay and Generator Control System and measurement of the winding resistance regularly during PM (Preventive Maintenance)
- Extensive experience with hydrocarbon process equipment maintenance including Solar Gas turbine drivers and High Voltage Switchgears:
- Infra-red scanner / Thermography periodically for switchgear connection analysis.
- Familiar with Electric motor overhaul, power generator, HVAC.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications equipment including microwave data and voice transmissions
- Must have the ability to read and understand drawings and specifications specific to instrumentation discipline e.g., P&ID’s, Loop Diagrams, Junction box and marshalling cabinet schematic diagrams, cable block diagrams etc., Vendor control system drawings etc.;
- Good working knowledge of pneumatic and electronic field instruments including transmitters, local gauges, meters, solenoid valves etc. The ability to fault diagnose and repair, calibrate and adjust as required is essential.
- Must be familiar with SMART (HART) type transmitters including remote calibration and monitoring via Hart Communicators and Asset Management Systems (AMS).
- Good working knowledge of air-actuated on/off and control valves including field testing and adjustment, as necessary.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of level and flow control and the ability to tune process devices to optimise production is highly desirable but will be supplemented with in-house OTJ training.
- Good working knowledge of a range of programmable electronic systems (PES/DELTA-V) including distributed control systems (DCS) and programmable logic controllers (PLC). The ability to perform online program monitoring as an aid to fault diagnosis is highly desirable however platform specific training will be given.
- Familiar with typical system interfaces to platform control systems and Vendor packages, electrical switchgear and motor control centres (MCC).
- Good working knowledge of Fire & Gas and Emergency shutdown system operation and philosophies, including the ability to read and understand Cause & Effect matrices is essential.
- Knowledge of hazardous areas classifications and hazardous area equipment certification: The incumbent has to have knowledge of hazardous areas and hazardous area equipment certification and be familiar with International Standard codes
- Experienced in the operation and maintenance of industrial dual fuel Gas Turbines, Caterpillar/Waukesha engine.
- Good knowledge of principle of desalination especially reverse osmosis units.
- Operation of and the Installation and removal of mechanical seals
- Good knowledge of the hazards associated with manual handling and operation and maintenance requirements of lifting equipment including offshore cranes and inspection requirements under design code API 2C.
- The use of hydraulic bolt torque and tensioning equipment.
- Knowledge of maintenance of high-pressure piping systems.
- Good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of HVAC systems.
- Relief Valve testing and recertification.
- Levelling and alignment of rotating equipment
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of centrifugal compressors, centrifugal pumps, air compressors and dryers, fin fan air coolers, pedestal cranes, diesel engine drivers, and utility packages e.g., electro chlorination unit, Reverse Osmosis unit and sewage treatment.
- Emergency situations must be handled quickly and effectively. The incumbent must be able to demonstrate competence in emergency response as well as ability in supervising a team and problem solving.
- In achieving Maintenance department goals, the incumbent must work and communicate intensively with other disciplines and departments. To minimize misunderstanding and lack of communication, the incumbent must actively participate in the meetings and be proactive in responding to the operation’s needs.