Paragon GE is Looking for an experienced and collaborative Drilling Fluids Superintendent to join our client’s Drilling Engineering team for a long-term rotational position (28x28) in Gabon.
Our ideal candidate works well with others and has experience supervising service companies in the field, such as drilling and completion fluids, waste management and cementing contractors.
Reporting to the Drilling Manager, you will work alongside other members of the Wells Planning Team, including Fluid Engineers, Drilling Engineers, Completion Engineers, Drilling Superintendent, and Logistic Supervisors. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and supervise our client’s Fluids Engineer.
In this role, you will be responsible for contributing actively to the safety of operations and suggesting improvements, as well as supporting the Wells HSE team in carrying out regular audits of service companies.
Position Title: Drilling Fluids Superintendent
Residential or Rotational: Rotational- 28x28
Staff or Temp: Contract
Expected package: To be discussed.
As the Fluid Superintendent, you will be responsible for:
- The design of mud programs and the supervision of drilling and completion fluids services contractors, including the Solids Control and Liquid Mud Plant in the field;
- Following up on cuttings and mud waste management or disposal and supervising waste management service contractors.
- Designing cementing programs and supervising cementing services contractors;
- Provide technical and operational support to drilling operations, resolving operational issues and advising on corrective techniques;
- Participate in the preparation of well designs with the required fluid and cementing programs, including collecting data about offset wells, reviewing performances of previous wells, and actively generating lessons learned and optimization.
- Supervise contracts and ensure that terms and conditions are adhered to in the best interest of the Company. You will participate in the preparation of call for tenders, evaluate technical/commercial offers, and recommend awarding strategies.
- Have over 10 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry and drilling fluids.
- Have worked directly for an Oil and Gas operator and overseen service company contractors.
- Have previous experience of working in Africa.