Paragon GE is looking for a Senior Environmental Specialist for a residential position with an E&P company in the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 10+ years of Environmental/ ESG experience and have a strong background with offshore projects in Africa.
Position Title: Senior Environmental Specialist
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed.
Location: London, UK with travel to West Africa
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY: Lead, Review and analyze corporate Sustainability/ESG activities and provide recommendation and implement to enhance sustainability/ESG strategy, methods, framework, and related tools to support in achieving the sustainability/ ESG objectives. Responsible for the annual ESG report development and issue.
• Responsible for overseeing all technical delivery, proposition development, communications and business development in relation to ESG products and services.
• Develop/Co-Ordinate “Net Zero’ framework and measurements referencing SASB and GRI guidelines.
• Organize Data and Information Gathering
• Manage GHG emissions platform
• Develop and Implement solutions on Carbon reduction programs
• Develop and execute strategies and projects to enhance the reporting against sustainability-related reporting and disclosure frameworks / voluntary standards and ratings and rankings.
• Develop cutting-edge sustainability strategies and governance through stakeholder engagement, materiality assessments and sector benchmarking.
• Produce sustainability reports aligned with best practice reporting frameworks.
• Provide technical expertise across the following areas:
• sustainability strategy development and processes.
• Materiality assessment and gap analysis
• Lead & implement technical initiatives to actively reduce carbon emissions
• Advise on the current and upcoming trends and developments shaping the ESG / non-financial disclosure landscape – and the organizations driving this agenda (across NGOs, IGOs, ESG ratings and rankings agencies etc.)
• Analyze ESG information, lead ESG-focused interviews with senior management, carry out targeted research and utilize ESG benchmarking tools to measure improvements toward Net Zero strategy
• Support corporate and international development of ESG initiatives.
• Accountable for annual ESG report development and issue.
• Promote and maintain a safe workplace environment that rivals best-in-class operator safety records.
• Prepare annual ESG budget and presents to senior management.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven experience in a similar ESG role with execution and delivery and responsibilities with excellent communication skills.
• Have a deep understanding of the links between climate change, business risk and value creation.
• Have experience of risk analysis and an understanding of guidance and/or corporate risk reporting and scenario planning knowledge.
• Analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions.
• Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and without errors – accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
• Strong client and stakeholder communication skills e.g. influencing, negotiation, presentation and relationship management skills.
• Project management skills that demonstrate ability to manage and account for time spent, and to deliver work on time and budget.
• Team working and leadership and ability to coordinate and prioritize activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
• Have a higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in an environmental or engineering discipline
• Minimum 10 years of experience preferably with some international work.