Paragon GE is looking for a Legal Counsel- Contracts and Procurement (French Speaker) for a staff role with an E&P company in London.
The role will be based in London with occasional visits to site in West Africa
The ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer, with international experience for an Oil and Gas Operator and have experience of FEED, EPC and O&M contracts. Knowledge of OHADA law is a plus.
Both written and verbal fluency in English and French are an absolute requirement
Position Title: Legal Counsel- Contracts and Procurement (French Speaker)
Residential or Rotational: Residential with occasional travel
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed.
As the Legal Counsel Contracts, you will provide accurate, relevant and timely advice on contractual matters and related legal topics. Additionally, you will manage and mitigate legal risks by regularly reviewing, updating (where necessary) and implementing policies and procedures to promote legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the business and in the relationship with vendors.
You will also be the main point of contact for contract representatives and will assume support for all the commercial and contractual support including, but not limited to, the development of strategies, tendering, negotiating, and awarding contracts.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Prepare Tender packages, reviews bids, conduct negotiations and administer the award of contracts and contract amendments and provision of feedback to bidders.
· Draft appropriate contractual and commercial terms & conditions to best serve and protect Company's interests.
· Review and amends standard contract documentation as required.
· Build and maintains library of contracts and templates
· Build and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to secure positive, constructive, and cost effective commercial agreements for the Company.
· Provide general assistance & advice on contractual & procurement matters as required to support Company's operations.
· Document Management for all contract documents during the contract lifecycle until contract close-out.
· Provide regular management reports on activities
· Ensure governance and compliance obligations are full addressed and documented throughout the procurement process.
· Qualified lawyer with a Bachelors or Master’s Degree combined with practical experience in a similar capacity
· International experience within an upstream Oil & Gas operating environment.
· Demonstrable experience with offshore/onshore development projects, working on FEED, EPC/ EPIC/EPICM etc., O&M contracts.
· Knowledge of OHADA law is a plus;
· Breadth of experience across all aspects of the supply chain contracts, including Drilling and Well Services contracts.
· Receptive to handling minor as well as major contracts.
· Complete understanding of significant legal and commercial issues
· Social competence / ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
· Strong drive to deliver results within budget and schedule
· Strong analytical skills
· Able to manage multiple projects and tasks
· Excellent communication skills -both written and verbal with professional fluency in English and French
· Available for occasional travel to West Africa