Paragon GE is looking for a Field Construction Supervisor for a contract position with an E&P company in Gabon.
The ideal candidate will have minimum 10-15 years of construction experience including 3-5 years in a supervisory role and have good working knowledge of the various disciplines. Candidates must also have extensive offshore experience and a preference will be for those with offshore African project experience.
Position Title: Field Construction Supervisor
Residential or Rotational: 28x28 rotation
Staff or Temp: Contract
Expected day rate: $600-650 per diem.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / JOB PURPOSE
· Responsible for all construction supervision activities and initiatives.
· Ensure Construction activities are carried out in time and in accordance with scope of work, specification, and quality requirement.
· Progresses all MOC (Management of Change’s) including gaining technical and budgetary approval and interfacing with Project Engineering.
· Supervises the contractor and sub-contractor personnel to ensure contractor performs all work to agreed standards for safety, health and environment and attaining high levels of HSE performance.
· Manages HSE functions in the construction department.
· Member of the Offshore Emergency Response Team.
· Liaises with Company Man with regard to the forward planning of Construction activities at all platforms.
· Liaises with other maintenance and operations personnel to ensure all work is co-coordinated and aligned with production priorities and within the job plan and schedules issued by the Planner from the CMMS. (MAXIMO)
· Liaises with Maximo Planner with regard to the forward planning of spare parts deliverability.
· Carries out risk assessments for all high-risk activities, with particular attention to recognizing the impact of change.
· Prepares Construction activities for flawless execution, ensuring PTW & JSA, PPE, tools, materials, equipment, work site preparation, toolbox talks, are in place and completed at all times.
· Ensures compliance with Operating Policies and Procedures, LOTO, HSE requirements and initiatives.
· Attends Emergency work, on a callout basis, after normal working hours.
· Performs other duties and services to ensure a successful project(s) is delivered.
· Prepares material requisitions complete with justifications and follows up the process up to the PO process and delivery on site.
· Supports team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices.
· Monitors of technicians and vendors representatives and activities to ensure compliance with relevant procedures and work scopes. Provide guidance to contractor’s or vendor technicians as required.
· Directs daily activities of Construction contractors.
· Performs co-operation with other Disciplines and Operators.
· Monitor site activities and maintain records of site activities and check Contractor records for accuracy.
· Supervises and trains assigned local staff with the intention of preparing them for succession.
· Demonstrates positive safety behaviours and commitment to HSE policies.
· Performs emergency response duties.
· Complies with environmental regulations and targets.
· Reports all incidents and accidents.
· Maintains complete and accurate equipment history records within the Computerized Maintenance Management System. (MAXIMO)
· Manages relevant reporting and administration work based on the needs of the respective organization (including data recording, correspondence, etc. - based on the function of this position).
· Ensures that any changes to controlled documentation, as a result of MOC (management of Change) work, are captured and correctly recorded.
· Ensures the confidentiality of the company’s documentation.
ENVIRONMENT / MAJOR ISSUES & PROBLEM SOLVING
• Minimum 10-15 years' experience in the Oil and Gas industry with site based supervisory experience.
• Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
• HSE policies are at the forefront of all activities.
• Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing, and coordinating to develop solutions to complex problems.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good technical, team and interpersonal skills
• Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
• Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
• Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately.
• A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels.